Game of Bones - Beat the Heat
Time & Location
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog.
In May, you'll have a chance to Beat the Heat! Little known fact, Kona's given name by the breeder was "red hot" - let's see if she still has it! 3 search areas will be set up. Search #1 will have a known number of hides. Double points will be awarded to any team that beats Kona's time. The remaining 2 searches will have an unknown number of hides (Level 2) or a range of hides (Level 1) and will be worth regular points.
Quarterly Scent Work League: Every 3 months, the top scoring Level 1 dog and the top scoring Level 2 dog from all 3 events will receive a $50 cash prize. Each event has 100 points (300 points total for the quarter). Points are earned by correctly calling hides in each search area. 5 points will be deducted for each false alert by you and each elimination by your dog. The more events you participate in, the better your odds are of being crowned top dog! Scent Work Standings will be posted on the Game of Bones’ Facebook page so you can keep track of the results.
Game of Bones features:
• 2 levels of competition.
• Level 1 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below).
• Level 2 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• Searches can be any element or combination of elements.
• No dismissals or disqualifications – Unlimited false alerts and your dog can eliminate in the search area, but it will cost you 5 points for each occurrence.
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run FEO.
COST: $30 per dog
$15 per dog for additional dogs entering FEO ("for exhibition only")
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• There is no bathroom access at this site. There are several gas stations on the drive in and a convenience store 1 block away if needed.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.