Game of Bones - Minute to Win It
Time & Location
About the Event
We are back for our first quarter in 2021 - new games and a new chance to be our quarterly scent work champion and win $50. All searches will be conducted outdoors with plenty of room for social distancing.
In February, you will have a MINUTE TO WIN IT! 5 searches with 1-2 hides in each area. Search areas may consist of exterior elements, containers, or vehicles (or a combo). Competitors have 1 minute in each area to find all of the hides before moving on to the next search area.
Can't find all the hides in 1 minute? No problem, you can keep any points earned and continue on to the next area to try again. As a bonus, we will have a self-serve practice area set up that you can enjoy while you are waiting for your turn.
Quarterly Scent Work League: Every 3 months, the top scoring Level 1 dog and the top scoring Level 2 dog from all 3 events will receive a $50 cash prize. Each event has 100 points (300 points total for the quarter). Points are earned by correctly calling hides in each search area. 5 points will be deducted for each false alert by you and each elimination by your dog. The more events you participate in, the better your odds are of being crowned top dog! Scent Work Standings will be posted on the Game of Bones’ Facebook page so you can keep track of the results.
Game of Bones features:
• 2 levels of competition.
• Level 1 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW2/Intermediate level (or below).
• Level 2 - For dogs who are on odor working at NW3/Advanced level (or above).
• No dismissals or disqualifications – Unlimited false alerts and your dog can eliminate in the search area, but it will cost you 5 points for each occurrence.
• 2nd/3rd/4th dogs may run FEO.
COST: $30 per dog
$15 per dog for additional dogs entering FEO ("for exhibition only")
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• There is no bathroom access at this site. There are several gas stations on the drive in and a convenience store 1 block away if needed.
• Entries limited to 40 runs.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.