Time & Location
May 16, 2020, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Dog House Drinkery & Dog Park, 3800 Co Rd 175, Leander, TX 78641, USA
About the Event
When you play the GAME OF BONES, you win or....you come back next time to try again! Don't miss out on this month's edition where you can get paid to spend time with your dog! More games, more scent work and more fun brought to you by Kynd Training and Nose Pros, in association with Doghouse Drinkery & Dog Park.
IN MAY WE ARE HAVING A TEAM SCRAMBLE - Grab a partner and let’s have some fun together!
· There will be 2 searches set up. Any element or combination of elements may be used.
· Level 1 search (more novice hide placements and less environmental distractors) - Teams can consist of two Level 1 handlers OR one Level 1 and one Level 2 handler.
· Level 2 search (more advanced hide placements and more distractions) - Teams can consist of handlers of any level.
FOR PURPOSES OF THIS GAME a Level 2 handler is defined as someone who is competing at NACSW NW3/Elite, USCSS Senior, or AKC Master or higher level.
· You can choose your partner or one will be assigned to you based on sign-ups.
· Each search will have an overall time limit. Each dog/handler on a team will run the search but teams can split the time among partners in any way they choose.
· Teams can also choose which dog/handler team will run first.
· Each unique hide found by the team as a whole is worth 1 point.
· Highest number of points in the fastest time for each level will determine placements.
COST: $25 for each search ($5 of the entry fee goes to the pot)
$10 each for additional dogs running a search by themselves FEO
PRIZES: 1st place in each level wins 50% of the pot and 2nd place in each level wins 25% of the pot.
HIT award - 25% of all entry fees will be given to the highest scoring team competing in both levels (NOTE: teams consisting of two Level 2 handlers are not eligible for this award).
REWARDS PROGRAM: For you loyal Game of Bones followers who consistently sign-up to run both the Level 1 and Level 2 searches each month, we have started a rewards program. For every 4 events where you enter both the Level 1 and Level 2 searches in a single day, you will receive 1 free entry ($25 value) in an upcoming Game of Bones' event.
As always, Game of Bones is fun and you can keep searching even if you make a mistake:
• No faults or disqualifications – 2 false alerts allowed and on 3rd one you will be asked to leave the search. If you were the first dog in your team to run, your time will stop and your teammate will have the remaining time to work. If you were the last dog in your team to run, you will get full time. Eliminating on a hide will also be handled the same way.
DOGHOUSE DRINKERY & DOG PARK DONATES 25% OF PROCEEDS TO A ROTATING ANIMAL RESCUE GROUP including Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter and Texas Humane Heros.
ADDITIONAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
• No outside beverages allowed due to TABC regulations. You may, however, bring water for your dog (there are faucets available to fill up a water dish).
• Beverages including water, soda and beer/wine will be available for purchase.
• You may bring food for yourself and/or to share with the group.
• Payment via PayPal link after you register is required to hold your place at this event.
Have questions? Contact Carrie Smith at email@example.com.